Important info about fire!
Recently, several serious fires have occurred in our student housing areas. Thankfully no personal injuries, but in some cases it could have ended really badly. Several of the fires could have been completely avoided - so please read these advice and rules.
You who live with us are responsible for preventing accidents and fires. A fire can develop very quickly. Even small fires can cause extensive and life-threatening smoke development, which is especially dangerous at night when everyone is asleep.
Please note the following:
- Fires in the home usually start on or near the stove. Never place anything on the stove when not in use.
- Never leave the stove unattended while cooking.
- It is forbidden to grill on balconies and attics. Use the barbecue areas located in your student housing area.
- Check your fire alarm regularly. If it does not work, make a fault report.
- Make sure you have home insurance, it can compensate for damage and offer liability protection.
- If a fire starts, call 112.
Here you will find more tips on fire safety >>
Be prepared, also read about what to do if a fire starts >>
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Take care of yourself and stay safe!