You have the power. Use it wisely!
It is always good to save electricity, especially in these times of high prices. Whether electricity is included in your rent or paid separately, you may be affected by increased costs. By using less electricity, we can jointly influence the energy shortage to keep the electricity cost (and the rent) as low as possible.
Here are 10 easy ways to save energy in your home.
- Use LED and low-energy lamps
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room
- Turn off the TV, computer, and electronics that are not in use - avoid standby mode
- Multiple sockets with a circuit-breaker make it easy to turn off several devices and chargers at once
In the kitchen
- When boiling water, use a kettle or a saucepan with the lid on
- Allow the food to cool before putting it in the fridge/freezer
- Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator instead of in the microwave
In the laundry room
- Air your clothes, wash only when necessary
- Make sure the machine is full when washing
- Don’t wash at an overly high temperature, 30–40 degrees is enough if clothes are only lightly soiled
Please visit the website afbostader.se/en/energy for more advice regarding energy saving in your home. Thank you!