In conjunction with the expansion of the new Kämnärsrätten district, there will also be changes to Kämnärsvägen, the road that runs through the area. The road will become Campuskilen, a living street – a hub for various types of activity.
New Kämnärsrätten becomes a living area with cyclists and pedestrians in the center. Along the new neighborhoods, a dull street turns into a park-like activity path with social spaces and greenery - Campuskilen. Here, among other things, a boule court, outdoor gym, study places, hammocks, barbecue area and stylish solutions for waste management and bicycle repair are built. Campuskilen becomes an outside living room where students can study, relax, work out and hang out.
The work with Campuskilen will be carried out in stages in parallel with the new construction projects. The first stage was completed in spring 2020.
- In terms of traffic, Kämnärsvägen will change from a road to a living street, where cars and bicycles can drive, but on the pedestrians’ terms.
- Kämnärsvägen will be reduced in size and there will be changes to the areas that are currently road surface, pavement and green spaces closest to the road.
- Functions that serve the whole area will be reviewed, such as waste handling, green spaces and parking.
- The whole area will be connected by Campuskilen, the thoroughfare, where we will bring together various activities such as green spaces, waste handling, cycle path and outside gym.
- It will still be possible to drive along Kämnärsvägen. Thus, in the future there will still be vehicles such as cars, refuse trucks, removal vans, delivery vans and school services.
Originally, the vision for the area included plans for a large number of cars. Nowadays, we know that students can rarely afford a car, and the bicycle is the transport of choice. What was previously a long, dull access road with parked cars will be the new Kämnärsrätten’s artery – a place that connects all parts of the area with the surrounding buildings and quarters, and which is also a large and pleasant living space.
If you have any questions about the project, please contact Project Manager Magnus Cederberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 46 19 15 43.