Broadband and Internet
Super-high-speed broadband up to 1 Gbit is included in the rent. The Internet will
work straightaway when you move in – all you need is a network cable (ethernet).
Get started with your broadband
- Connect the computer to the network socket (available in all of our housing) with your network cable. Use the left socket. NOTE! Do not connect to the Com Home socket.
- You can now test your connection.
- By default, there are one IP numbers for each socket in each room. If you want to have more you must arrange it with a broadband router to allow multiple computers to share one IP address.
- Do you use a wireless internet connection? In order to gain internet access with a speed of 1 Gbit/s, a network cable must be used. If you use a router with a capacity limited to 54 Mbit/s, this will not give you access to a higher capacity. In order to make use of the higher capacity you will have to use a network cable between your computer and the network socket or buy a new router. At the moment there is no router that can deliver 1 Gbit/s. The most powerful routers currently on the market can manage speeds of up to roughly 450 Mbit/s.
- Don't you get 1 Gbit/s? Check your network card. Can it cope with 1000 Mbits/s? Remember that using a broadband router will also limit the speed of your internet access.
- There is no limit of how much you can download and the speed is not reduced even if you have used a certain amount of data.
If your outlet has never been connected
If you move in as a new tenant in a completely new house, activate the socket as follows:
- Connect the computer to the network socket (available in all of our housing) with your network cable. Use the left socket.
- Start your browser and enter any www address e.g. www.bredbandskollen.se.
- You will be automatically redirected to the portal for registration.
- Follow the given instructions.
Broadband2 is the broadband provider. Contact them if you need support +46 (0) 46 12 20 22 or visit https://www.bredband2.com/.