As a tenant, you have a responsibility for preventing accidents like a fire. Here you can learn more about fire safety and what you can do to protect your home from fire.
- Stove fire is the most common cause of fire in the homes, so never leave the stove when cooking.
- Do not store anything on the stove.
- Clean the kitchen fan filter regularly.
- Estinguish candles before you leave the room.
- Don't charge your mobile phone, tablet or laptop without during the night.
- Keep corridors, galleries, stairwells and other common areas free of objects.
- Never block evacuation routes or fire doors.
- For safety reasons, barbecue on balconies, galleries or close to buildings is prohibited. Use the barbecue places in the housing areas instead.
- Avoid putting cigarette butts in flower pots, balcony boxes, plastic or vessels of other combustible material - it can catch fire.
- Report any problems with fire doors, blocked evacuation routes, illumination lights, or other things that you think may affect fire safety.
Fire alarms save lives
We always equip out properties with fire alarms. Tenants are responsible for testing the function of the fire alarm regularly. Press the test button to test all functions of the fire alarm, including the battery operation. You can hear a signal when it is working. If you do not have any fire alarm or if it is broken, please contact your caretaker.
AF Bostäder provide fire blankets to the corridor kitchens and some apartments. With a fire blanket you can quickly and efficiently extinguish a fire. Contact your caretaker if a fire blanket must be replaced. See the instructional film below (in Swedish) for how to use the fire blanket.
Home insurance protects you
Your home insurance will help you if you suffer from a fire in your home because it can compensate damage to your property. In addition, there is a liability protection if you or someone in your household would cause a fire in your home.
Systematic fire security work
The responsibility for fire safety in apartment buildings lies with both the property owner and the tenants. AF Bostäder operates a systematic fire security process to ensure that fire security functions correctly. This means that we have a systematic method of both preventing fires and reducing the consequences of any fires that may occur. The caretakers are trained in fire security work and perform regular inspections of our fire security systems. They check our technical fire systems, fire prevention systems, evacuation routes, evacuation alarms, fire doors, lighting and that no items are stored in the common areas, etc.
In case of a fire
Learn more about what to do in case of a fire here.
If you want to learn more about how to make your home safer, and the responsibility that tenants have, please visit Räddningstjänsten Syd (Rescue Services South) or Din säkerhet.