Safe and secure

Take care of yourself and your possessions. Remember to sign a home insurance as soon as you move in.


According to the Landlord and Tenant act § 24 (hyreslagen), you are responsible for taking good care of the apartment and associated rooms. Such rooms can be storage areas, balconies, common areas such as kitchens and corridors, etc. Taking good care means in plain text: cleaning, being careful, keeping tidy and avoiding any damage. If we discover during inspection that this is not the case, you will be liable for repair of all damages and we will charge you for the costs involved in restoration.

Home insurance

Remember to get your own home insurance, your parents’ is not valid. As a tenant you are responsible for what happens in your home. Without home insurance you are completely unprotected, and the costs can be very high for you if something happens to your home or your belongings. Don't wait, contact an insurance company today. Many insurance companies offer student discounts.


Thousands of residential burglaries occur each year in Sweden. There are several things that you as a tenant can do to reduce the risk of burglary.

Avoid leaving valuables clearly visible from the windows and remember to close/lock your windows when you are not staying in the room/apartment. This applies especially to those who live on the ground floor.

Keep your front door locked, even if you are at home. It is common to store bags, wallets and keys near the door, which is an easy prey for the thief.

Do not let strangers in stairwells or corridors. If you see any suspicious behavior, please react.

Bicycle theft

As many as 20 - 30 bicycles a day are stolen in Lund. You should therefore mark your bicycle and make a note of the frame number. If you’re unlucky enough to have your bicycle stolen, you will then have a good chance of finding it if it ends up in the police stolen bicycle store. You will find the police store on Kalkstensvägen 27 in Lund. It is open on non-holiday Tuesdays 10:30 - 13:30 and 15:00 - 18:00. You can also ring the lost property section on 010-561 45 39 for more information.

Police or ambulance -112

In emergencies such as ongoing burglary or assault, or to call an ambulance - dial 112. If the situation is not acute, but you still want the police to come during the day, or if you want to make a report, ring the police on 114 14 (no area code). 

Latest update November 7, 2019