There are easy ways to reduce your energy consumption and thereby your impact on the climate, and there is no need to make major changes in your everyday life.
Approximately 90% of AF Bostäder’s direct impact on the climate stems from the use of energy. You can help us to reduce energy consumption.
5 easy ways to save energy in your home
- Turn off all the lights before you leave home.
- Connect all your electronic devices to a multiple socket that has a circuit-breaker, then it is easier to turn off several devices at once.
- Turn off your electronic devices completely, instead of using the standby mode.
- Do not place large items of furniture or long curtains in front of radiators.
- Do not close airing panels or air vents.
- Boil water in a kettle or in a saucepan with the lid on.
- Avoid running hot water when you are washing dishes by hand.
- Maintain the right temperature in the fridge (+5 degrees) and freezer (-18 degrees).
- Defrost the freezer regularly.
- Hoover the grille behind the fridge and freezer.
- Shower quickly and efficiently – turn off the water when soaping up and washing your hair.
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth.
- Report faults such as a dripping tap or leaking toilet.
- Make sure the machine is full when washing clothes.
- Don’t wash at an overly high temperature, 30–40 degrees is enough if clothes are only lightly soiled.
- A drying cabinet uses as much electricity whether you hang up a pair of socks or fill it with clothes. Be energy-efficient!