As a tenant, you have a responsibility for preventing accidents like a fire. Here you can learn more about fire safety and what you can do to protect your home from fire.
- Stove fire is the most common cause of fire in homes, so never leave the stove when cooking.
- Do not store anything on the stove.
- Clean the kitchen fan filter regularly.
- Extinguish candles before you leave the room.
- Don't charge your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop during the night.
- Keep corridors, galleries, stairwells, and other common areas free of objects.
- Never block evacuation routes or fire doors.
- For safety reasons, barbecue on balconies, galleries, or close to buildings is prohibited. Use the barbecue places in the housing areas instead.
- Avoid putting cigarette butts in flower pots, balcony boxes, plastic, or vessels of other combustible material - it can catch fire.
- Report any problems with fire doors, blocked evacuation routes, illumination lights, or other things that you think may affect fire safety.
If you want to learn more about how to make your home safer, and the responsibility that tenants have, please visit Räddningstjänsten Syd (Rescue Services South) or Din säkerhet.
Fire alarms save lives
We always equip out properties with fire alarms. Tenants are responsible for testing the function of the fire alarm regularly. Press the test button to test all functions of the fire alarm, including the battery operation. You can hear a signal when it is working. If you do not have any fire alarm or if it is broken, please contact your caretaker and you will get a new one - for free!
In case of a fire
Act immediately if a fire starts. The basic rule is: RESCUE - ALERT - ALARM - EXTINGUISH. If the fire is small, try to extinguish it, but don’t take any unnecessary risks. If you need help - call 112.
There are evacuation plans in the corridors with marked places to reassemble outside the building. If you live in an apartment, you should agree on your own assembly point with your residents.
If there is a fire blanket in your home
With a fire blanket you can quickly and efficiently extinguish a fire. Contact your caretaker if a fire blanket must be replaced. See the instructional film below (in Swedish) for how to use the fire blanket.