AF Bostäder's rental of student housing takes place via the website afbostader.se. Here you can read more about how the booking system works.
All housing that is available for rental is published on AF Bostäder's website. The housing will be shown on the website during the "booking period", which always expires at 24 hrs. (midnight) on the given date, that is the date next to Bookable until.
During the booking period, a booking list is created for each individual housing. The booking list consists of housing applicants who wish to rent the housing in question, and who have therefore made a booking. Before login, you can see the total number of bookings on the housing (place in the queue), after login you can see your provisional place in the booking queue.
When you book housing you can see your current real place in the queue, such place is based on the queue time that the applicant holds. Please note that the place in the booking queue is subject to change during the booking period when housing applicants with a better (i.e. earlier) queue time make a booking for the same housing. E.g. If it says 1 out of 14, it means that you have the best queue time out of 14 who have booked that particular housing. If someone with a better queue time books the same housing after you, you will be moved back in the queue to 2 of 15.
Three simultaneous booking
Each housing applicant may have up to three simultaneous bookings. During the booking period, a booking that has been made may be cancelled by the applicant, thus allowing a further booking to be made. In this way, housing applicants who actively look for student housing can ensure that they constantly have three simultaneous bookings, with a subsequent good chance of obtaining a tenancy agreement.
The booking is binding
Each booking is binding for the housing applicant. A booked student accommodation can be cancelled before the end of the booking period.
The housing applicant's queue time is deregistered when a housing unit is offered (i.e., when the person receives a contract proposal). If the housing applicant chooses to decline the contract proposal, the housing unit is reposted for rental on the website. Deregistered queue time cannot be regained. It is possible to make a new housing application.
If you are number 1 when the booking period ends
The person who is number 1 in the booking queue when the booking period ends, receives a contract for the housing in question.
- It is possible to be number 1 in more than one booking queue for housing when the booking period ends. In this case, the housing applicant is automatically offered the housing that they booked first. Other bookings are deleted. The information under “Your Pages” shows the order in which the bookings were made. The housing that was booked first is shown at the top of the list etc.
- The person assigned to the contact will gett a contract proposal on Your Pages at midnight. In a few cases, the person assigned to the contract has to wait until the next working day before receiving information. We also send out a notification via text message and email.
- The contract is signed electronically.
- The person who is offered the contract is to accept/decline the contract within the specified period. The deadline date for replying is stated on Your Pages and in the message from us that the housing applicant receives in connection with the sending of the contract. If no reply is received, or the person declines the housing within the specified period, the contract is cancelled, and the housing is republished on our website.
- On request, documents that confirm the fulfilment of study and membership requirements are to be uploaded to Your Pages.
- When the contract has been signed by AF Bostäder, the housing applicant will receive a confirmation via text message and email.
Check out the currently available student accommodations