Welcome to Lund University autumn 2021! The competition for student housing in Lund can be quite challenging, but we do our best to help first time students (novisch students) in Lund.
Our novisch priority gives you the opportunity to book approximately 750 student housing (corridor rooms and one room apartments) reserved for novisch students, with a move-in date of 1 August and 1 September. Note that the demand for novisch housing is greater than the amount of bookable housing, so the novisch priority is no housing guarantee.
In order to get novisch priority you must make your housing application between 9-12 July and meet two requirements, according to AF Bostäder's housing list and rental conditions:
- You have not previously started (been registered) any studies at Lund University and are accepted to or put on an acceptance waiting list for at least half-time studies (15 credits per semester) at Lund University
- You have not been living in Skåne (a province in southern Sweden) since at least 12 months back.
Housing applicants with novisch priority will receive a queue time (e.g. 2021-07-10 08:00) on 13 July, which is randomly distributed through a lottery. On the same day we will start publish novisch housing on our webpage. If you want to rent a housing, you need to book it. If several novisch students book the same novisch housing, the contract proposal goes to the one with the longest queue time. This is how you apply:
1. The housing application opens 9 July
The housing application opens 9 July for all new students autumn 2021 regardless of when you received your letter of acceptance or notification of selection results. If you, as a new student make a housing application earlier than that, your queue time will be invalid and you will loose your queue time, novisch priority and contract proposals will be cancelled.
To make a housing application and stay with us, you must take at least 15 credits per semester at Lund University and be a member of Studentlund.
2. Await letter of acceptance or notification of selection results
You must have received a letter of acceptance or notification of selection results, before you can make a housing application. The document must verify that you are:
- You are accepted to or put on an acceptance waiting list for at least half-time studies (15 credits per semester) at Lund University. (You must not have previously started any studies at Lund University.)
Please note that the housing application will open for all new students autumn 2021 on 9 July regardless of when you received your letter of acceptance or notification of selection results. For instance, if you received your letter of acceptance during March, you need to wait until 9 July to make a housing application.
3. Become a member of Studentlund
In order to make a housing application and to keep you queue time valid, you must be a member of Studentlund.
4. Make a housing application 9-12 July
In order to take part of the lottery you must make a housing application during the lottery period 9 July 00:01 - 12 July 23:59. You make a housing application by scrolling down this page and click on “Make a housing application”.
The queue times given to novisch students are randomly distributed by a lottery on 13 July. The queue time you get in the lottery will not be affected by which day during the lottery period that you make your housing application.
After you have made your housing application, if you are eligible for novisch priority, your queue time will display as “Lottery under way”. You will find your queue time on Your pages under the heading “Your overview” after the lottery has been completed on 13 July.
If you are not eligible for novisch priority you will automatically join our regular housing queue. Your queue time will immediately display as a time and date instead. You may then start booking housing that is not marked “Novisch”.
In the last step of making a housing application, you must state a Swedish social security number. If you don't have a Swedish social security number, tick the box "Missing Swedish social security number" and enter your birthdate and personal code instead. This is where you find it:
- Degree program students find your “Personal code no.” at universityadmissions.se under My Applications in the Notification of Selection Results PDF file.
- Accepted exchange students will in early July receive an email directly from Lund University including their personal code, in the form of yyyymmdd - P123.
Only personal codes with the letter P, R, S, T, U and W are accepted in AF Bostäder's housing queue system. If you have not yet received a personal code or if it has a different letter, please contact your coordinator at Lund University.
5. Put on the waiting list? (if not – proceed to step 6)
You can register for the lottery even if you are put on the admission waiting list to Lund University. You must however be admitted before you can start booking any student housing.
Bookings made before you have been admitted is invalid which means that you will lose your queue time, novisch priority and contract proposal will be cancelled. Once you are admitted, please proceed to step 6.
6. The lottery of novisch student queue times is conducted on 13 July
After you have made your housing application, await the queue time lottery on 13 July. When the lottery is finished, the queue time on Your Pages will change from displaying “Lottery under way” to your given queue time (a time between 9 July 00:01 - 12 July 23:59).
7. Book housing on afbostader.se
You as a novisch student who have participated in the lottery can book available novisch housing from 13 July and onward. Remember that you must be admitted to Lund University before you start to book housing. You will find information about how to book housing here.
- The specified date of admission is provisional, see exact date on universityadmissions.se.
- Novisch priority cannot be obtained if you have previously started studying at Lund University.
- If you have been put on the admission waiting list and participate in the lottery, your queue time is invalid if you are not admitted.
Make a housing application