Welcome to Lund University autumn 2020! The competition for student housing in Lund can be quite challenging, but we do our best to help first time students (novisch students) in Lund.
Our novisch priority gives you the opportunity to book approximately 500 student housing (corridor rooms and one room apartments) reserved for novisch students, with a move-in date of 1 August and 1 September.
In order to get novisch priority you must make your housing application between 9-12 July and meet two requirements, in addition to our Housing list and rental conditions:
- You have been accepted to at least half-time studies (15 credits) at Lund University for the first time.
- You have not been registred in Skåne county since at least 12 months back.
Housing applicants with novisch priority will receive a queue time on 13 July, which is randomly distributed through a lottery. On the same day we will start publish novisch housing on our webpage. If you want to rent a housing, you need to book it. If several novisch students books the same novisch housing, the housing contract goes to the one with the longest queue time.
This is what you need to do to apply:
1. The housing application opens 9 July for all new students autumn 2020
The housing application opens 9 July for all new students autumn 2020 regardless of when you received your letter of acceptance or notification of selection results. If you, as a new student autumn 2020 make your housing application earlier than 9 July your queue time will be invalid. This will result in you losing your queue time, novisch priority and contract proposal.
To make a housing application and rent housing from us you must be a student at Lund University and take at least 15 credits per semester and be a member of Studentlund. All conditions can be found in the Housing list and rental conditions.
2. Await letter of acceptance or notification of selection results
To rent housing from us and get novisch priority, you must have received a letter of acceptance or notification of selection results. The document must verify that you are:
- Accepted for the first time or have been put on an acceptance waiting list for studies at Lund University.
- Accepted to at least half-time studies (15 credits per semester).
Please note that the housing application will open for all new students autumn 2020 on 9 July regardless of when you received your letter of acceptance or notification of selection results. For instance, if you received your letter of acceptance during March, you need to wait until 9 July to make a housing application.
3. Make a housing application 9-12 July
In order to take part of the lottery you must make a housing application during the lottery period 9 July 00:01 - 12 July 23:59. You make a housing application by scrolling down this page and click on “Make a housing application”.
The queue times given to novisch students are randomly distributed by a lottery on 13 July. The queue time you get in the lottery will not be affected by which day during the lottery period that you make your housing application.
After you have made your housing application, if you are eligible for novisch priority, your queue time will display as “Lottery under way”. You will find your queue time on Your page under the heading “Your overview” after the lottery has been completed on 13 July.
If you are not eligible for novisch priority you will automatically join our regular housing queue. Your queue time will immediately display as a time and date instead. You may then start booking housing that is not marked “Novisch”.
In the last step of making a housing application, you must state a Swedish social security number. If you don't have a Swedish social security number, tick the box "Missing Swedish social security number" and enter your birthdate and personal code instead. This is where you find it:
- Degree program students find your “Personal code no.” at universityadmissions.se under My Applications in the Notification of Selection Results PDF file.
- Accepted exchange students will in early July receive an email directly from Lund University including their personal code, in the form of yyyymmdd - P123.
Only personal codes with the letter F, P, R, S, T , U and W are accepted in AF Bostäder's housing queue system. If you have not yet received a personal code or if it has a different letter, please contact your coordinator at Lund University.
4. Put on the waiting list? (if not – proceed to step 5)
You can register for the lottery even if you are put on the admission waiting list to Lund University. You must however be admitted before you can start booking any student housing.
Bookings made before you have been admitted is invalid which means that you will lose your queue time, novisch priority and contract proposal. Once you are admitted, please proceed to step 5.
5. Become a member of Studentlund
As a housing applicant or tenant, you must be a member of Studentlund in order to keep your queue time and housing with AF Bostäder. The membership will be checked. You can register at studentlund.se as soon as you have received your letter of acceptance.
6. The lottery of novisch student queue times is conducted on 13 July
After you have made your housing application and signed up for the Studentlund membership, just lean back and wait for the queue time lottery on 13 July.
When the lottery is finished, the queue time on Your Page will change from displaying “Lottery under way” to your given queue time (a time between 9 July 00:01 - 12 July 23:59).
7. Book housing on afbostader.se
You as a novisch student who have participated in the lottery can book available novisch housing from 13 July and onward. Remember that you must be admitted to Lund University as well as a member of Studentlund before you start to book housing. You will find information about how to book housing here.
- The specified date of admission is provisional, see universityadmissions.se.
- The novisch priority can only be obtained once. This applies regardless if the studies have been initiated or not.
- If you have been put on the admission waiting list and participate in the lottery, you will lose your place in the queue if you are not admitted before course start.
Make a housing application