Skip to content Skip to navigation

Registration in the population register

When you move, you must always report your change of address to the Swedish Tax Agency, so that your address is correct in the population register.

Regardless of where you live, you must by law be recorded in the population register (folkbokförd) at your residential address. Failure to do so is actually a punishable offense. Without correct registration in the population register, you will, for example, lose the possibility to receive housing benefits. There is also a risk that your rental agreement will be terminated.


Latest update March 5, 2024