Don’t leave fat up to fate!
Sort your cooking fat correctly and there will be no fat in the wastewater system and no stoppages in the pipes.
Cooking oil and fat must not be poured into the sink. The fat solidifies and causes stoppages in the pipes. This is how you should sort your cooking fat.
Small amounts of cooking fat
Wipe off the fat with household paper before washing the frying pan. Throw the household paper into the food waste bag.
Large amounts of cooking fat
- Screw a fat funnel on an empty plastic PET bottle.
- Attach the PET bottle cap to the inside of the fat-funnel lid.
- Pour left-over and cooled cooking fat into the PET bottle.
- When the PET bottle is full, unscrew the fat funnel and put the cap back on.
- Leave the entire bottle in the container for cooking fat/oil (see below) and the collected cooking fat will be used for the production of biofuels and soap. Or sort as residual waste.
- Reuse the fat-funnel on a new empty PET bottle.
Here you can find containers for cooking fat
- Delphi, at the UWS on Magistratsvägen 55 F
- Kämnärsrätten, in Gröna rummet (the green room) on Kämnärsvägen 55
- Ulrikedal, in in Gröna rummet (the green room) on Ulrikedalsvägen 8