Cooking oil and fat must not be poured into the sink. The grease solidifies and causes blockage in the drain. Do this instead.
Small amounts of cooking fat
Wipe off the fat with household paper before washing the frying pan. Throw the household paper into the food waste bag.
Large amounts of cooking fat
- Screw a fat funnel on an empty plastic PET bottle.
- Attach the PET bottle cap to the inside of the fat-funnel lid.
- Pour left-over and cooled cooking fat into the PET bottle.
- When the PET bottle is full, unscrew the fat funnel and put the cap back on.
- Leave the entire bottle in the container for cooking fat/oil (see below) and the collected cooking fat will be used for the production of biofuels and soap. Or sort as residual waste.
- Reuse the fat-funnel on a new empty PET bottle.
Containers for collecting cooking fat are available in the following areas
- Delphi, at the UWS on Magistratsvägen 55 F
- Kämnärsrätten, in the bulky waste station
- Ulrikedal, in the Green Room (Gröna rummet) at Ulrikedalsvägen 8